With new guidelines in place such as social distancing, temperature checks and the use of face coverings - things may be a little different upon arrival at Universal Orlando Resort, compare to your last visit! Thought these changes are in place for your safety and the safety of Universals staff members- efforts have been made to make sure its the same Universal we all know and love! The rides still thrill, the food just as good and the characters are just as entertaining. Some insider tips have been shared with us, exploring new fun, convenient ways to enjoy a Universal Orlando visit. So check them out below...
1. The Universal Orlando Resort App
First things first, lets take a moment to download the FREE Universal Orlando Resort app on your phone. This will be your new favourite app and is more useful than ever before! This little pocket assistant will help with things like navigating the crowds, cutting down your wait times, minimising and physical interactions and much more. The most beneficial features of the app are the following
- Virtual Lines for attractions
- Mobile food and drink ordering at select restaurants
- Interactive park map
- Virtual wallet; purchase and store your park tickets, express passes and set up your Tapu Tapu for your Volcano Bay visit
- Wait time alerts, so you know when wait times drop
Below, we take a deeper look into some of these great features
2. Avoid the Crowds with The Virtual Line Experience
The Virtual Line experience is the answer to guests avoiding crowds and getting a place in line for your favourite rides faster. Now available for more attractions than ever before, locate this function in the app menu under "Virtual Line Experience" or per attraction on the interactive map. Select your return time, show up and ride - easy right?
Check the app regularly throughout the day to see which attractions are available, as the Virtual Line experience opens at different times per attractions. Experience rides, shows or grab a bit to eat whilst you wait, knowing your virtual self is in a queue for you (you do have to be in the park to access the Virtual Line experience feature) As soon as you enter the parks, be sure to reserve your Virtual Line return time for the busier rides, such as Hagrids Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure™, to ensure your dont miss out on the thrills. Not only is this a handy feature for securing a place in line to ride exciting rollercoasters, but also creates a smooth process to access lockers and walk the queue with minimal interaction with other guests. Reserve your time to get in line and then take a stroll around The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™-Diagon Alley™, in Universal Studios Florida.
3. Order Your Food Ahead of Time with Mobile Order
When you get peckish, you can jump straight on the app and select from the menu “Order Food and Drinks” Select the venue and place your order. Choose a quick pick-up and go or a quick-service restaurant where you will be seated in an area for mobile orders. If you’re a premier or preferred passholder, you can apply your discounts as you order too. Craving a Voodoo Doughnut or Red Oven Pizza?Then make a mobile order and grab a seat by the CityWalk lagoon.
4. Plan Your Day Ahead
A top tip to enjoy your day at Universal is to create a game plan. Make a must-do list of the attractions, shops, shows etc. that you just have to do. Plan where to head to first, use the app to navigate wait times and the Virtual Line experience will allow you to squeeze in most of your favourite rides. Do this for a few days of your trips if there’s too much to do in one day.
5. Get a More Personalised Experience with Social Distancing
Social distancing must be maintained throughout the parks. It may temporarily slow down the queue time, but the rides and shows feel even more special and personal. Enjoy better conversations with friends and family whilst queueing, knowing that very few people are near you and feel like you have the whole ride to yourself due to the spaced seating on the rides. This guideline allows for a more intimate feel during shows, as well as meaning there are no more unexpected guest photo bombs when meeting your favourite characters.
6. Take a Break in the U-Rest Areas
When planning your fun-filled days, don’t forget to slot in some break times. New ‘U-Rest’ areas can be found dotted around the parks, where you can refuel with a snack or drink. These areas are located at:
- Universal CityWalk
- Down by the water front in front of Hard Rock
- Fear Factor Live Theater
- Central Park by the lagoon And more throughout.
7. Take All the Photos!Take a seriously large amount of photos, taking advantage of more sparse areas. Weve all missed the parks so much, it feels even more important to capture our new experiences and share them with our loved ones. Snap some shots in front of the famous globe with your face covering, making for an unforgettable and unique memory in years to come remember that we went to Universal after a global pandemic and had to wear a mask?
8. Early Park Admission
Don’t miss out on being one of the first guests checking into the parks. Staying at a Universal hotel gives you the benefit of Early Park Admission*. Have one hour in the theme parks before other guests join! On top of this, you will get given a wristband from the hotel, showing that you have already had your temperature checked, so you can walk straight into the parks and not have to queue at the CityWalk entrance.
9. Make the Most Out of Volcano Bay
Fancy a relaxing day at the beach, with minimal crowds of people? Then you will want to get yourself to Universal’s Volcano Bay water theme park. The same helpful operational guidelines are in place at the water theme park too. You don’t have to wear a mask whilst in the pools, on the slides or eating and drinking, but they should be worn when not doing these activities.
10. New Guidelines Aren’t the Only Things That Are New
During the parks closure team members have been working behind the scenes to create new experiences for you. Grab a commemorative, themed face mask or some all new anniversary merchandise, including a new anniversary Voodoo Doughnut due to be rolled out soon. And of course, new entertainment attractions such as The Bourne Stuntacular!
11. What to Bring
It’s important to ensure we have everything we need for our days, as well as being able to follow the current guidelines and try to minimise any physical contact. So here are some recommendations:
- A requirement when visiting the parks, CityWalk and hotels is a face covering. This is best to be a light, breathable material due to the extended periods of time spent here. They are required to be worn on rides too so make sure they are a secure fit. Buy one to match your outfit and think of it as your newest accessory.
- There are sanitising stations when you first enter CtiyWalk, as you board rides and at restaurant entrances. But for your own peace of mind, we recommend bringing your own personal hand sanitiser for easy and more regular access. These are currently being sold inside the park shops if you want to get one.
- You’re likely to get a bit more thirsty than usual because of the face coverings, so be sure to bring plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Some rides require you to put your belongings in a locker prior to boarding. Team members will be managing social distancing queues and regularly cleaning the lockers. A small bag of your items would be useful to minimise the use of lockers and save time, as long as you have the essentials, there isn’t a need for a large bag full of all your possessions.
We hope the above tricks and tips have helped understand what you will need to prepare for when visiting all 3 Universal theme parks. If you haven’t booked your tickets yet– dont forget you can now buy the Universal Orlando 3 Park Promo Ticket^ £219pp.
. This gives you unlimited 7-day access to all 3 Universal parks in 2021. But be quick- this offer is for a limited time only! If you have any further questions about the new guidelines, please watch Universals safety video here.
If you are interested in purchasing your Universal tickets, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Terms and ConditionsIn connection with your purchase of Universal Orlando products and your visit to Universal Orlando, including Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Universal’s Volcano Bay, Universal CityWalk, and the Universal Orlando Resort hotels, please be advised that you must follow Universal Orlando’s policies, CDC guidelines and the recommendations of health officials. Please note that any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and Universal Orlando cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit. By visiting Universal Orlando, you acknowledge and agree that you assume these inherent risks associated with attendance. When you enter Universal Orlando, you understand that you are subject to the Universal Orlando terms of service (including arbitration, class action waiver, assumption of risk, and infectious disease release of liability) located here. Visitors should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before visiting. Face coverings and temperature checks will be required for all guests. For important safety information at Universal Orlando Resort, please click here.*Requires theme park admission. Early Park Admission begins one (1) hour prior to regularly scheduled park opening to either Universal Studios Florida or Universal’s Islands of Adventure as determined by Universal Orlando, and Universal’s Volcano Bay. Valid at select attractions at each park. Attractions are subject to substitutions without notice. Additional restrictions may apply.^The 2021 Universal Orlando 3 Park Promo Ticket entitles one (1) guest admission to Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure, AND Universal’s Volcano Bay on the same day. Ticket is valid for any seven (7) calendar days during a fourteen (14) consecutive calendar day period which includes the first day any portion of the ticket is used with no blockout dates. This ticket also includes fourteen (14) consecutive calendar days of admission to select live entertainment venues of Universal CityWalk which commences on and includes the first day any portion of the ticket is used. First use must be on or before December 31, 2021. All ticket usage must be completed on or before January 13, 2022 when the ticket will expire in full. Unused days shall be forfeited. This ticket will be sold only between August 6, 2020 and November 30, 2020.