Florida is, without doubt, the Sunshine State, with beautiful weather all-year-round. However, there is occasionally a day of chilly weather or some famous afternoon rain - when youd usually head for lunch.
Weve put together a list of essentials you should try to pack to ensure youre prepared for all sorts of weather in Florida in Winter.Weather
The majority of the time, you will experience warm to mild temperatures, however there will occasionally be a bit of afternoon rain and a day of chilly weather, which youll need to be prepared for. Just in case chilly weather does strike, heres some items youll want to have with you:
- Lightweight knit sweater - to take the chill off when youre heading to dinner
- Trainers - rather than sandals
- Lightweight jacket - for when theres a chill
- Rain Mac - for any afternoon rain
If youre planning on heading to any Theme Parks, it might be worth be prepared with some warm outdoor attire. Wed recommend:
- Comfortable shoes - youll be walking around most of the day
- Security belt - to store your tickets, wallet and essentials
- Hooded jacket - to keep you warm and dry if bad weather does hit
- Map of the park - to locate sheltered areas and indoor rides and restaurants
If youre planning on taking a break from the theme parks and hitting the golf course for a day or two, its worth having some smart pieces packed and ready to go. A few things you should definitely take with you include:
- Smart short-sleeve shirt and/or polo shirt
- Golfing shoes and/or smart shoes
- Smart belt - to finish off that classic "golfer look"
- Sun cap - to take the heat off the game
- Lightweight jacket - just in case theres a bit of a breeze
All of the above items can also be purchased relatively cheaply from popular stores such as Target and Walmart.
Florida is a fantastic year-round holiday, so be prepared to have the time of your life, rain or shine!