What other holiday combines multiple destinations, world class food, entertainment, and bucket loads of fun? Cruise holidays offer an unbelievable experience they have large pools, waterslides, spas, bars and shops as well as a plethora of restaurants. Plus, they go to places you can only dream of visiting.
If you’re new to the cruise world, the planning process can be a minefield. Each of the different cruise lines have their own quirks and personalities, some are more traditional, whereas others break the stereotype. We’ve devised a quiz to help pick the cruise line for you.
Whats your idea of the perfect holiday activity?
- Trip to the beach
- At a theme park
- Ziplining along a national park
- Attending historical sites
What’s your favourite drink on holiday?
- A classic cocktail
- Milkshakes with ice-cream and syrup
- An ice-cold beer
- Fine wines, definitely expensive
What does your ideal menu look like?
- Pan-Asian dishes rich with herbs and spices
- Burgers and pizza with plenty of chips
- Local dishes inspired by the cities we’re visiting
- Fine dining by a world-renowned chef
Which of these do you wish to wear on holiday?
- A sun dress or shorts and vest
- Jeans, trainers, and a T-shirt
- A swimsuit and flip-flops
- Head-to-toe designer, darling
How do you arrange your time on holiday?
- Nothing, I normally wake up and see what I fancy that day
- Book a few excursions and restaurant reservations before I leave
- I don’t, I like to be spontaneous
- I have each day mapped out before I go
How would you describe your perfect night out?
- Catching up with friends in bar and partying in a club
- Seeing a theatre show
- Having lots of options whether that be comedy shows, dancing or enjoying a cocktail in a relaxed & informal environment
- At a nice restaurant, dressed in my favourite ballgown or tux
Who do you holiday with?
- Your family
- A mixture of friends and family
- Your partner
What do you look for when booking a holiday?
- Relaxation with visits the spa
- Things to do for the children
- Plenty of adrenaline-fueled activities
- Culture and see the historical landmarks
Mostly As – Norwegian Cruise Line
One of the only cruise lines to scrap the traditional dining plans, you can be as spontaneous as you wish. Choose from gourmet restaurants to burger bar each night, it’s up to you. Marvel at Broadway productions like Rock of Ages, watch acrobatic performances or let your hair down in one of the bars. The cruise line is also known for its chic interiors, expect cleverly styled rooms and plush extras.Find more about Norwegian Cruise Line here.
Mostly Bs – Disney Cruise Line
The storybook magic of Disney can be found throughout their cruise ships. Feast in restaurants where the dining room interacts with guests, meet your favourite Disney characters and watch Broadway-calibre shows. The ships boast free unlimited ice-cream and soft drinks whilst onboard, plus their island, Castaway Cay, is where the magic of Disney continues on land.Find more about Disney Cruise Line here.
Mostly Cs – Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival Cruise Line is known for its fun, family-friendly holidays with entertainment at every corner. Feel right at home with generous sized staterooms, casual and formal dining, plus exciting shore excursions. Jump head-first into the activities on offer, there are waterslides, kids’ clubs, mini golf and some even have high-ropes to try. You’ll also find stage shows and deck parties at night.Find more about Carnival Cruise Line here.
Mostly Ds - Royal Caribbean Cruises
The most traditional of cruise companies, expect the finer things on a Royal Caribbean cruise. From dress-to-impress restaurants, structured dining, exclusive adult-only areas as well as West End-style shows, spas, and high-end shops. Rooms are well-appointed with plenty of luxury touches, some of the ships even have virtual balconies which live stream real-time footage from the deck. This cruise line is perfect if like to have your dining reservations and excursions organised before you go.Find more about Royal Caribbean Cruises here.