7 Day Outdoor Explorer
Delve into the cultural offerings of lively San Francisco before heading to Sonoma and Napa for California’s world-class wines. Soak up the jaw-dropping scenes found at Lake Tahoe and Yosemite, and head to California’s famous coast for Monterey and Big Sur.
- Discover San Francisco’s famous Pier 39
- Ride the Napa Valley Wine Train
- Witness the Bridalveil Falls in Yosemite
- Enjoy a scenic drive of Big Sur
- Tour Monterey’s iconic Cannery Row
Day 1: Arrive in San Francisco
Welcome to sensational San Francisco, the City by the Bay. After checking in at your hotel, you are free to explore the city at your own leisure. Discover San Fran’s incredible attractions and soak up the city’s colourful character. At 6pm, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception at a local restaurant.
- Explore San Francisco at your own leisure
- Welcome Reception dinner with your fellow travellers
Day 2: San Francisco - Napa
Start your second day with some morning exploration taking you from Fisherman's Wharf to stylish Union Square. Explore the city at your own pace before heading across the Golden Gate Bridge on the way to Napa Valley. Witness the stunning scenes of California’s Wine Country as you travel past sun-dappled fields and lush vineyards.
- Explore Fisherman's Wharf and Union Square
- Enjoy free time at Fisherman's Wharf
- Cross the iconic Golden Gate Bridge
- See the beautiful scenery of Napa Valley
Day 3: Napa - Sacramento - Lake Tahoe
Begin your day in unforgettable style with an optional hot air balloon ride across the plush Napa Valley. Then, put two feet back on the ground on the Napa Valley Wine Train before travelling through the Sacramento River Valley to beautiful Lake Tahoe with its alpine splendour and rocky outcrops.
- Enjoy an optional hot air balloon ride over the Napa Valley
- Board the famous Napa Valley Wine Train
- Indulge in a regional meal with wine tasting
- Travel through the Sacramento River Valley
- See the topaz waters and evergreen pines of Lake Tahoe
Day 4: Lake Tahoe Sightseeing & Free Time
Enjoy a relaxing breakfast with your fellow travellers before riding along the Pony Express Trail to America's largest historic landmark, Virginia City. Learn about California's infamous Gold Rush and take time to visit one of the mansions, museums or mines which pay homage to this era.
- See the sights of Virginia City
- Explore the mansions where the wealthy once lived
- Visit a real mine from the Gold Rush era
- Browse one of many gold and silver stores
- Enjoy a sunset dinner cruise on Lake Tahoe
Day 5: Lake Tahoe - Yosemite National Park
Prepare to be blown away by the stunning, snow-covered Tioga Pass that makes the perfect entry point into the famous Yosemite National Park. Pass the jaw-dropping Bridalveil Falls as you descend from the Sierra Nevada Mountains into the Yosemite Valley. Stay at the best accommodation inside the park and take in the natural wonders after the crowds have left.
- Experience the famous Tioga Pass into Yosemite National Park
- See the Sierra Nevada Mountains
- Take in the misty splendour of the Bridalveil Falls
- Enjoy accommodation inside the park
- Go on a short stroll to the Yosemite Falls
Day 6: Yosemite - Salinas Valley - Monterey
This part is for the real foodies. Head west to Salinas Valley where you will experience an agriculture education tour learning all about fruit and vegetable production and modern farming techniques. On arrival in Monterey, you will enjoy a Be My Guest experience where you will dine on a freshly prepared meal whilst your host shares their knowledge of food. This is the ultimate farm-to-table experience.
- Do an agriculture education tour in Salinas Valley
- Learn about fruit and vegetable production
- Discover advanced farming techniques
- Enjoy a Be My Guest experience in Monterey
- Dine on a delicious, freshly prepared meal
Day 7: Monterey, Carmel and Big Sur Excursion
Experience California’s world famous coastal route as you cruise along 17-Mile Drive before hitting Big Sur. Enjoy a stop in quaint Carmel-by-the-Sea where you can shop and wander along the water’s edge before exploring the hidden coves, sandy beaches and towering redwoods that make up Big Sur’s natural majesty. In Monterey, tour Cannery Row then choose between free time or a guided visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. In the evening, join your Travel Director and other travellers for a fantastic Farewell Dinner with specially selected wines.
- Witness the beauty of 17-Mile Drive and Big Sur
- Browse the shops of Carmel-by-the-Sea and enjoy a tour of Cannery Row in Monterey
- Do an optional tour to the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner
- The following day, journey back in time to the 1880s at ‘Roaring Camp’ before heading to San Francisco for your departure
We can tailor this or any tour to match your dream California holiday so, complete the form or call our team now to discuss