8 Day City to City Getaway
As well as feature-packed touring days to some of Cali’s best loved destinations, enjoy two-night stays in San Fran and LA, enabling you to explore two of the world’s most spectacular cities on this fantastic trip.
- Explore San Fran's famous Chinatown
- Wine tasting at the Benziger Family Winery
- Discover the epic scenery at Yosemite National Park
- Tour the beautiful Hearst Castle
- Experience the glamour of Los Angeles
Day 1: San Francisco, the City by the Bay
Kick off your holiday in style with a private V.I.P. transfer from your home to your UK departure airport. On arrival at San Francisco International Airport, you’ll be picked up and taken directly to the first hotel where you’ll get to know the Tour Director over evening drinks and a meal from 6pm.
- Private V.I.P. transfers to UK airport
- Airport transfer to San Francisco hotel
- Evening drinks and a light meal
- Get to know the Tour Director and other guests
- Stay in one of San Fran’s top hotels
Day 2: Exploring San Francisco
With a morning free to do whatever you want, this is the perfect time to explore the city and see some of San Fran’s main attractions. Head to bustling Union Square for world-class shopping or explore the natural beauty of Golden Gate Park. Join your Tour Director later in the day for an insightful walking tour through Chinatown and then an authentic Chinese meal at a local restaurant.
- Free morning to spend at your own leisure
- Visit Alamo Square’s ‘Postcard Row’
- Ride the city’s antique cable cars
- Walking tour through the largest Chinatown outside of Asia
- Enjoy a delicious Chinese Highlight Dinner
Day 3: Taste of California's Wine Country
Experience California’s premier wine region with a visit to the Benziger Family Winery in Napa Valley. Learn all about the history of the winery whilst taking in spectacular views of the terraced vineyards and then enjoy exclusive wine tasting. Enjoy an afternoon browsing the lovely shops of the Sonoma’s historic plaza.
- Private tram tour in Napa Valley
- Learn all about the Benziger Family Winery
- Exclusive wine tasting in the Tasting Room
- Explore Sonoma’s beautiful historic plaza
- Evening is at your own leisure
Day 4: Yosemite National Park
Prepare to be truly astounded on this part of the trip. As you travel through California’s Gold Country into the Sierra Nevada Mountains to Yosemite National Park, witness some of Mother Nature’s finest handiwork – this is a destination of epic proportions.
- Take in the dramatic scenes of El Capitan
- Capture the rugged beauty of Half Dome
- Discover the thriving wildlife of the valley floor
- Visit a number of cascading waterfalls
- Enjoy your hotel located close to North America’s highest waterfall
Day 5: Monterey, the Cradle of History
Soak up some of California’s most beautiful scenery as you travel down the Sierras all the way to picturesque Carmel-by-the-Sea. Enjoy a relaxing drive across the Monterey Peninsula and pass the world famous Pebble Beach Golf Links before enjoying a tour all about the local culture, art and history of Carmel.
- Enjoy a scenic drive through the San Joaquin Valley
- Browse the shops and galleries of Ocean Avenue
- Take in the sights along 17-Mile Drive
- Pass the multi-million dollar mansions in Monterey
- Experience a customised food tour in Carmel
Day 6: Hearst Castle and the American Riviera
The next stop of the trip takes you south to La Cuesta Encantada, ‘The Enchanted Hill’. Located high above the ocean at San Simeon, take part in a guided tour of beautiful Hearst Castle before heading south through the vineyards of the Central Coast to Santa Barbara, also known as the ‘American Riviera’.
- Explore the Hearst Castle
- Learn all about the life of William Randolph Hearst
- Drive through the Central Coast vineyards
- Take a stroll down State Street, Santa Barbara
- Enjoy a meal in any of Santa Barbara’s superb restaurants
Day 7: Santa Monica and the City of Angels
Learn all about the chain of 21 missions along California’s El Camino Real at the beautiful Mission Santa Barbara before journeying along Santa Monica Bay and through stylish Malibu. Soak up the beach culture and enjoy some of the most popular attractions in Santa Monica, then head to the luxurious hotel at LA LIVE where you’ll spend two nights.
- Visit Mission Santa Barbara
- Enjoy the scenes of glamorous Malibu
- Stroll along Santa Monica’s popular Third Street Promenade
- Do a guided tour of the Getty Villa in Santa Monica
- Spend the night in LA’s newest entertainment district
Day 8: The Glitz and Glam of LA
Experience all the glamour of Los Angeles and see how the stars live with a fantastic tour around America’s celebrity capital, Hollywood. See Hollywood’s most legendary sights, including Grauman’s Chinese Theatre and home to the Academy Awards ceremony, the Dolby Theatre. Top off your evening in ultimate style with a Celebration Dinner at one of LA’s best restaurants.
- Take a sightseeing tour of Hollywood
- Stroll along the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Do a private tour of the Dolby Theatre
- Enjoy a delicious Celebration Dinner
- Spend another night in LA and enjoy a delicious breakfast at your hotel before heading to the airport on day 9
We can tailor this or any tour to match your dream California holiday so, complete the form or call our team now to discuss